We are so glad you have chosen to visit our website and learn more about what God is doing through us. Each link on this website is designed to provide deeper insight into our church or to enable you to worship with us in cyberspace.
- We are a worshipping church; committed to exalting the name of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. We are a welcoming church; commissioned to be ambassadors of Jesus Christ to the entire world without exclusion.
- Called to connect people to the empowering, life changing Word of God so that they can mature in every way. It’s all about making a name for Jesus Christ! We hope to see you soon at one of our worship services.
Thank you again for joining us.
We know that a first time visit to a church can often be intimidating. So, we have created this page for first time visitors to give you an idea of what might be expected when visiting our church. If you have questions about the information below, please call our office at 330.773.3321. We greatly anticipate your visit!
- Anticipate a worship service that lasts for approximately one hour and forty-five minutes. Worship time is 10:00AM. Praise and Worship begins 10 minutes before each service.
- Look for the signs that direct you to reserved parking for first time guests (Parking Lot B). Though these spaces are reserved, you are still encouraged to arrive early. If you are unable to find a reserved space, please feel free to park in any other unreserved parking space available in our three parking lots or on the streets adjacent to the church. Please note that you must have a valid sticker in order to park in the handicap spaces.
- Expect to be warmly welcomed by our greeters and ushers, each of whom will be glad to assist you. Childcare is provided for infants through toddlers (2 ½ years) during each service. Kidz Landing, for ages 3 through 5th grade is offered during the 9:00 AM Family Hour and 10:00AM service.
- You will find attendees dressed in a wide variety of styles; from relaxed dress all the way to the “Sunday Best.” You should feel right at home.
- Our ushers will be glad to assist you in locating a seat in the sanctuary or if full we offer a very accomodating and wonderfully decored overflow room.
- Feel free to participate in every part of the worship.
- Uplifting music that ranges from traditional hymns and anthems to contemporary gospel is presented by one of the five choirs. Song lyrics are included in the Worship Bulletin as well as projected on the video screen.
- The sermon is usually delivered by our Senior Pastor, Reverend Dr. Diana L. Swoope. Occasionally a staff minister or guest preacher will be in the pulpit.
- Pastor Swoope is widely known for her biblically sound, down to earth, spirited preaching, that touches the heart, spirit, intellect and emotions. The sermon is always followed by an altar call; giving listeners an opportunity to immediately act upon what was heard.
- Typically, only one offering is received. Guests are free to participate in that offering if you so choose.
- If the Lord’s Supper, Baptism, Infant Dedication or other special service is observed, a full explanation will be given so that you can follow along.
- Pastor Swoope and other members of the ministerial staff are usually available following the service to greet all attendees. If you would like to speak with Pastor Swoope at length, please stop by the main office to arrange a time.
- Remember to stop by the Guest Services Center to receive your “First Time Guest” gift! It’s our way of saying thanks for choosing us for worship!!
539 S. Arlington Street
Akron, OH 44306
See a map and get driving directions from you location
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Sunday Worship Hours
L.I.F.E. Institute Class Hours
Sumdays 9:00 - 9:45 a.m. and Wednesdays 7:30 p.m.
THE HANGOUT Youth Meeting
Wednesdays 7:00 p.m.